Friday, February 12, 2010

Of Indian Bloggers and Stat-Ran-KING!

So, I came across this nice enclave of Indian Bloggers, an attempt to form an ecosystem of IndiBloggers. Digging through the site, I found many great blogs that I've missed out on during so many years of my hibernation. What was also nice to see was so many amateur bloggers giving this old 'fad' a go. In the age of Twits, FB and Buzzes, I say 'Well done me lads!' and the female equivalent of that. In terms of blog years, I'm a geezer. Through the IndiBloggers, I found out the standards for jumping into a higher ranking are pretty huge for an old man like me. Oh wait, I'm gonna turn 25 in two months? Dang, I'm getting old.

I see a steady rise in the hits on this page. I know you came here to read my tamil song raps decoded into understandable 'suttha' English. I know you probably came here by clicking 'Next Blog' on the blogspot toolbar. I know you came here because you are my minion in blogger and are bound to follow me whatever shite I may write. Henceforth, I welcome the prying eyes of the IndiBlogger nation or junta or whatever clique name you liked to be referred to as. They needed me to introduce myself and write a few words about why my site must be reviewed. I'm not sure this post qualifies as an answer, but I'm sure its in my pocket. Somewhere. Where is it? *As I frantically open both my pockets, I find a hamburger. Hamburggaarrr*. Again, I digress.

Where was I? Oh yeah, to introduce myself, I'm a nice guy who was born in Chennai to parents who were Malayali. That made me a proud malayali who had mostly tamil friends growing up. Although my home was in Besant Nagar, the Elliots beach was my second home. I went to school in one of the most beautiful places you can imagine. I worked as a techie in of the best companies there is. I then came to the US of A to do my Masters. Yeah, yeah, same ol' story right? WRONG! As Eric Cartman's reincarnation in a narrow sense (pun intended), I roam the streets of the Capital of California as Navin Two-Face. MS Graduate body to those back in India, another H1B guy to those in the US. Caught in the middle of such situations, is this lovely life of mine.

I started blogging back in 2004. However, I had to delete this blog due to my own foolishness and horrible horrible things I did in the guise of 'Hey, I'm just writing what I want!'. Anyways, that bitter experience later, I restarted in 2006, I was posting only lyrics of Tamil songs which had rap and stuff. Did I mention I was a rapper? During the good ol' days of Chennai's rap scene, our breed was rare. Gangsta rappers roaming around in loose fit jerseys with bling all around. We looked like clowns but once we rhymed, we were one of a kind. I'm still mainly into Computers, Technology and Rap music. I've worn many hats, but one of my favorite ones was that of 'the blogger'. "What magic hat is that?" you may ask. Its a hat that has great power. And with great power comes great current bills responsibility.

Being a blogger, it heartens me to see the passion and the enthusiasm a place like IndiBlogger generates. Sifting through the different pages, I found some interesting pieces of writing. I'm not very Shakespearean in explaining this, but I call a spade a spade. The art of blogging is something that improves with time. Most blogs I see on the network are rank amateurs, but hey, even Roger Federer was once an amateur. I'm not a big fan of sophisticated oohh-look-at-him-he's-so-condescending type of writing. I'm a big fan of 2-fart-jokes-make-laugh-and-spiderman-will-save-me type of writing. I am a techie, so you must be knowing I use statcounter, feedburner and google's webmaster tools to promote this piece of turd art that I call "my blog".

So much for the introduction post. Now, IndiBlogger! Do your magic mantra or whatever algorithm you chew to get my ranking. Come on, give your chappa of approval for a dying old blog like mine. Give me the life, give me the reason to survive. Aaaah, Sister, Brother, Come together to help one another. *Starts tearing apart his hair*

P.S: The last paragraph was NOT lifted from a Vijay movie.

8 comments:

  1. Hey Navin, thanks for the IndiBlogger mention! Glad you like it, and we'll get you your ranking soon enough!

    Our HQ is not far from Elliot's beach, by the way. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! It should be good to meet up just for the laughs :) Maybe a Chennai Blogger meet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Renie,
    Wow, near to Elliots eh. That was news to me. Thanks Renie.

    @Anoop,
    Haha. It's been about a year since I came to the US. But I love blogger meets, so I shall plan a trip if that is going to happen. 1 stone - 2 mango.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "As Eric Cartman's reincarnation in a narrow sense"???

    how many time do we have to go thru this...?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Sasi,
    Eat dirt butters! The pun was, I'm like Eric Cartman in a 'wide' sense.. But, narrow in terms of personality! Drink water..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, liked the way you speaked your mind.
    The same way i do (kind of) on my blog www.think-a-bout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete