Friday, January 20, 2006

Saarang Update

I got back with some of my old band mates. Well not same band. But in a new Avatar. Like old wine in a new bottle. With an addition to the lineup. We've not named the band as yet. Its gonna be Me, Joseph and Ashwin. Joseph is my old buddy from Dred Nox ( Chennai's first Gangsta Rap band... hmmmm .. memoriesss of mine .. n the songs will always play.. ). Ashwin was my tuition-mate in Appolo. The DJ is goin to be Joel, again from the Dred Nox era. Basically its very much Dred Nox without the lead MC n with a change in Attitude. No more Gangsta Rap. No more wasting time and money on pursuing music seriously. No more fancy jerseys and bling. And best of all, its goin to a one-off show. Partly me and Joseph's decision to say goodbye to live shows in the near future. Joseph a.k.a J.A.B, the moniker he used, is the best rapper in town. The flow n voice is just too good to beat. Ashwin is a newbie to stage shows outside his college. So hope he does well. And good ol' Joel is the wisest of the lot. Maybe puttin some verses in too.

Drag yourself down to "Power Chord" at IIT Saarang Bindaaz Park on January 26th around noon. You'll get to see Chennai's only Rap Band perform.

P.S : I'm gonna try taking a video of the gig. For memory sake. Anyone with a camcorder, buzz me.

No comments:

Post a Comment