Friday, January 20, 2006

Happy Bday MOM!!

Its my mom's birthday today. Still, over the years, its passed by as just another day. Never wondered why. I've never got her presents for any birthday. Not that I didnt think about it, but never had the money to get her something tho. According to our "tradition", we never celebrate the solar calendar dates but follow the star birthday thing. Few days away are my folk' anniversary.

I remember my parent's anniversary last year. For all the wrong reasons. Everything was planned. We were going to lunch out. At 10 AM I got a call from a friend. Asking if I could immediately join the college band to practise for "Sa Re Ga Me" (Boys) for IIT Saarang. And after lot of persuasion, I made the choice of actually going there.

It was a rehersal. I did my part. Going by the look of it, the song I was doing was a sure one to be performed at the IIT Open Air Theatre in front of a crowd of around 1000 people. Next day, some smart guys came up with some new plan. Of changing the entire show schedule. And the song I was in was sacrificed to accomodate a large group song.

So, here I was. Missed my parents anniv with lot of discontent. Thought I'll compensate by being in a winning band for Lite Music. Did well enough to be in the show. Had high hopes of playing to a full gallery. And boom! Everything came crashing. It was a sickening feeling. Lots of lessons learnt that day. Never sacrifice family time for anyone or anything. Never commit to something that itself is uncertain.

Anyways, things have changed this year. I'm mostly going to be at home. Enjoying watchin a movie on Asianer or Surya. Maybe hit the show "Chance for Two" by Evam at 7 if possible. Oh n before I forget. Happy Birthday Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment