Tuesday, February 21, 2006

My Hilarious TV Moment

As y'all know by now, I performed with my motlew crew of hip hop heads, to a packed audience at the Power Chord event at IIT. We brought the house down. As we were walking off stage, lots of people shook hands n all. Many friends who came to see me perform were thrilled.

Suddenly some guy approached us n said "Hey amazing show man? I'm from S S Music. Can you guys re-enact the performance coz we just came wen you were finishing your last song." WOW!! An encore. That too for the ONLY music channel having south Indian content. We just went along to check out what they wanted us to do.

What was supposed to be a one minute shoot turned into an Interview. It was garden kinda baclkground. Joel, Joseph on VJ Shyam's left and CA, Me on VJ Paloma's right. So we started off as a tete-a-tete kinda chat. Shyam was askin Jospeh basic stuff like "Wen did u guys form the band? How do u practice?" and genral stuff. Then Paloma asked about the usual profanity in rap n how we deal with it. I answered some of her queries.

Then Shyam dropped the bombshell. He jumped n came rite next to me.
"Let me get close to this guy here. Now I must tell you, when he was on stage, he had the whole crowd swaying and ladies swooning, fainting and jumping in a mob frenzy". My initial reaction was a small smile followed by a laugh. Just brushing it off. So he asked me to perform some lines which I wrote. Did that. And then the whole Interview was over.

Next stop, IIT hostel. We shot a video for the whole song which we had composed. I was just waitin to see the promos on TV, to find out when its airing. And guess what, "my laughing to the ladies-swooning comment" is featured. I found the whole thing funny. Coz when we were stunting wen I was doing Gngsta rap 2 yrs ago, we didnt get anywhere. Now this. And the judges gave a special prize. The only band to get one. Overall, IIT 2006 Rocked.

Catch us on SS Music College Da episode on 26th Feb, Sunday at 10AM. I know, I know. I'm not trying to be a celeb. And self - publicity is the last thing I'll resort to. But wat d heck, I'm on TV. Yahoo!!!!

3 comments:

  1. way 2 go dude !
    u r goin places .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, have you recorded it? If so, digitize it. Would like to watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. no man..couldnt record it. not worth watching it. they cut out most of the part. n yeah, will try gettin the cd from ss music itself

    ReplyDelete