Tuesday, February 28, 2006

"Go Back" Season has begun

Just when you had sat down after a tiring new year party, came the Sri Lankan Premier's state visit. The hippies got into full force, started yelling against "Sinhalese racists", "autocrats" blah blah blah. The hippies won. Rajapakse couldnt visit Chennai, the place with most national interest in terms of trade to SL.

And as we 'aam aadmi' slowly moved on with our lives, came Valentine's day. The Hippies were on a roll again, going park to park, shop to shop, rampaging anything that resembled a heart or the colour red. Shiv Sena, Bajrang Dal, Arundhati Roy, CPI(M). No one was spared. Every tom and harry, not to forget jane and dick, the aforementioned joined in the bashing of Valentine's Day. Dont include me in that list, I only raised my voice against its commercialization.

Then when the dust settled, Union Budget 2006 came. All hell broke loose. There were no surprises. That was the biggest surprise. It was a ho-hum sort of a day. The 'aam aadmi' learnt that soft drinks, ice creams and cars became cheaper but service tax on everything went up 2%. Sly bugger that PC is. The Commies and BJP got into the act. All their "whips" made regular appearances in TV channels criticising it. I was impressed by the Congress Defense man in one channel. His name is JYOTHIRADITYA SCINDIA. Watch out. He's really smart.

Coming back to the hippies. Everything they were shouting had a "Go Back" attached to it. Take for example :

1) Green Peace hippies : "Clemenceau go back!"
2) Commie hippies : "FDI go back!"
4) Shiv Sena hippies : "Valentine go back!"
3) Arundhati Roy : "India go back!"

Now, the last 3 of the above people have sung in chorus ..."BUSH GO BACK".

What I find amusing is the nerve Arundhati Roy has, to actually bank on her 1-book-wonder fame, and turn into a slogan shouting anti-establishment. I really think she needs to prove her credibility with a better stint using the pen. Till then, I will sit back, sipping my coffee and watch the country throw s**t on itself.

"Bush go back. Rang De Basanti go back. Sonia Gandhi go back. Bird Flu go back. Amar Singh go behind bars. Commies, go back to Mars n never return. Arundhati Roy, go back to writing sh***y novels."

I love myself :D

5 comments:

  1. Lol I think that pretty much summarizes what is happening in India today!!

    Democracy's problem is everybody wants to protest. I protest because I have the right to protest!

    Protests go back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neolithic age , COME BACK !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol. i was watching this documentary on flag buring in the US. Man, the hippies dont have the balls to do that kind of stuff. not yet.

    imagine college student union hippies burning currency notes n india flags. they are getting stronger. wonder what the SC has to say about this. the good ol' "final answer" ppl in india.

    ReplyDelete
  4. O.K. I am replying back to your blog because the mumbai mirror printed two lines of you bashing Ms. Roy. It seems that the Mirror bends over backwards kissing Ganguly's and Bush's backsides, and bashing people like Roy who think oherwise. I think your apathetic attitude is disgusting. Please let me illustrate why. I used to live in Dubai. Operative term is "used". I had to leave because the good 'ol USA got it's grubby hands on it. Buying out all the rich arabs, threatening the rest, until it achieved dominance over the regional competitors. I lost my job. I was the best worker there. My boss, an arab was also canned. Probably 'cause he refused to kiss anyone's backside. Now most Indians there work as waiters and doormen to all the rich eurotrash and yank warmongers who visit there.

    The same will happen to India. All this "india is the future" crap will stop in a few years time. Funny -looking foreigners will flood in and take our jobs away from us. You will most definately be jobless. Then you'll probably be crying into your coffee wishing you listened to Ms. Roy instead of bashing her. But it'll be too late by then. You probably won't even be able to afford the cup of coffeee you want to drink. I hear you have a hip-hop band. Good luck. Some half-Indian Nasser Hussein-type from Los Angeles will probably have his record played over you. Good lck for the future. I've seen it, and it ain't pretty.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you mr.anonymous, for your harsh eye-opening words. but dont hide under the cover biaattch!!

    express yourself freely if you want to. you may have a story. but i dont give a shit abt it if u dont have the guts to id urself.

    and abt my future with a hip hop band, i know its not pretty. which is why its not my career.

    i really have no problems with you expressing ur views. dont expect every1 to listen to ur sob stories..

    oh..n yeah..get a life

    ReplyDelete