Saturday, April 17, 2010

B,o.B Striking it Big!

Recently, I've seen the ascent of the next superstar of rap & hip hop music. You can always say that an artist has struck gold when you see covers of the song being performed by people world over. The next big thing is 'B.o.B a.k.a Bobby Ray'. The Adventures of Bobby Ray hits stores on April 27th, 2010. The first single was 'Nothin' on you' which is at #2 on Billboard Hot 100. However, the song that caught my eye was Airplanes (Part 1) by B.o.B ft Hayley Williams of Paramore. This song is amazing. 

It is artsy, folksy and one of those dream songs you want to keep playing over and over on loop for the sheer artistic sense of the music and lyrics. This post is basically to highlight the song and some of its covers.

Original Song:

Different Covers:








I'm just waiting for Airplanes (Part 2) which features Eminem. Until then, the covers of this song is going to keep me searching youtube for more!

7 comments:

  1. It was awesome to come across this post. Airplanes is a song I've been listening to nonstop for the last few days. Love it. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup.. From the time I made this post, there have been more covers. It is an amazing song!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah . bob is hot.. i like this cover idea.

    Hip Hop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great! I love the original one..and the one by The Ivory Music.. they're nice!
    Never heard d cover songs, thanks or puttin em up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ow goodness! The song is so cool! i like the original one though but still its very cool... i wonder why aren't they playing this in the philippines? i havent heard the song but thanks to your blog, now I know. hahhaha. Really nice song. Oh btw, can you visit my blog and give some comments? its a schollwork and my grade is on the number of comments i'm receiving. thank you.


    P.S. I really love the song. very cool. I still like the original and the guy playing the guitar. they sounded alike i think. :)

    ReplyDelete