Saturday, April 15, 2006

Ouch!

I'm a regular reader of this CNN IBN website which is supposed to be "India's first interactive news site". Brilliant! Just because they have comments enabled on most of their news, it becomes "interactive". However, I do have my thoughts on it.

Maybe its just my high-headedness or sumthin, most of their news content sucks. In their showbiz column, in a news report, they had spelt "Obie Trice" as "Obi Trice". Obviously, being a hiphop head, I commented sayin "Get ur facts right". Voila! Its comment moderated. Just like this blog. And the nincompoop never published my comment. Sad. Its not as interactive as I thought.

Anyways, most of their live news also sucks bigtime with most of them reporting wrongly, frequently changing facts. Rajdeep Sardesai has failed to live up to the hype. However, NDTV has not cashed in on the oppurtunity and in fact suck even more nowdays when it comes to reporting live. RS is being missed in the "Big Fight". Everyone's running for their piece of Gandhi.(Scroll down).

Coming back, http://www.ibnlive.com is really a farce. They got videos that run at snails pace on a broadband connection. They got a heavily moderated "interactive" comments section. Hundreds of Google Ad Sense Ads. Journos blogging for the heck of it. Some good. Some really pathetic. But hey, most of the people visiting the place seem to lap it up. I hate it. My hate for it can also be attributed to the fact that idiots seem to comment on hiphop topics and get it published whereas, I, someone who's followed it for 7 years and read up on almost everything in its history, dont get to make myself heard with a "democratic" comment. Perhaps they dont like criticism. Bunch of scaredy cats.

After reading my CNN-IBN bashing for the past 3 mins, I'll give you an excerpt I got from Chika's Blog there (Mr.Krishnamachari Srikkanth). This is a true "Ouch" moment.

Ulhas Shirke : Robin Uthappa reminds us of Kris Shrikanth of 1983. He has found his place in the Indian team at the most crucial time, when the selectors were on the look out for an opener, who would play aggressively as an opener like a typical one day player. he fitted into this category, with his superb performance. This boy will be very useful for the 2007 world cup. a perfect one day player. ( Posted: Saturday , April 15, 2006 at 23:02 )

----->>> ulhas - please dont compare robin uthappa with srikanth. robin is a far better and dashing batsman than srikanth and also robin is a responsible player. ( Posted by sneha on Saturday , April 15, 2006 at 23:13 )

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Dont belive the mod actually allowed that! These guys make me wanna rub **** on their.....naaah. I'll save that for later. So till next time, this is the big N signing out.

P.S : Where does Gandhi exist nowdays???? Think..

No comments:

Post a Comment