Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Just Another Monday

So, with all that behind, I bid goodbye to the cruel world of MS.NET and welcomed Java with both hands. Now, since my Intranet is based on MOSS, I've been forced to visit .NET again to develop a test webapp. Grrrr
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Speaking of MS, Jerry Seinfeld & Bill Gates are acting in a new Microsoft Ad campaign to "start conversations" about MS. Its been panned among the techie crowd as a cheap imitation of the Apple ad campaign. Not seen any ad yet, but will youtube it soon.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I watched two movies over the weekend. First up was Dark Knight on Friday. I liked the movie only for Heath Ledger. I just could not follow Batman's dialogues because his voice was all muffled. But the joker, man..what a performace. The second one I saw was Rock On, last night. I have to say, the final track is a cheap rip off School of Rock's final Battle of the Bands song. And just like another Hindi movie, the over senti & stereotype emotions are a big letdown. The only difference was the theme of Rock Music. Replace that with Hindustani or some other form, and you can still sell the same story. So in effect, the movie was nothing about Rock Music or the sub-culture of music enthusiasts in India. I've been in the music industry & trust me, nobody signs contracts the way the guys do it in the movie. The saving grace was probably Arjun Rampal & Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy's music.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is a church festival happening in the Annai Velankanni church right behind my house. Its a major boost to the local economy around, but for residents like me its a nightmare. I had to wait in a traffic jam for 30 mins just to get out of my house & cross the main road into the nearby colony. As usual, the Chennai City Traffic Police were sleeping on the job & the whole area went beserk.

I visited the beach & trust me. The worst thing that can happen is when a festival & a Sunday co-incide, to produce a mammoth outpouring of citizenry which bloated the whole beach's air. The aroma of peanuts & fried corn filled the air while hundreds of street hawkers had landed upon the beach to sell their stuff. As it rained last night & this morning, many people from far off were stranded on foot paths & on the verrandah's of shops like Food World & Nilgiris.

Its a sad sight to see every big event in this country mis-managed when we pride ourselves as the best managers in the world. What's more sickening to see is how your tax money is spent in the form of free TVs to the Below Poverty Line folks, wasted fly-overs where they are not needed & basically pork barelled into the constituencies of MPs/MLAs. Sigh, somethings will never change.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have a great week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment